Hydraulics (ENSC3010): Lecturer and Unit Coordinator
- An introductory fluid mechanics unit for undergraduates in Civil and Environmental Engineering. Topics covered include the equations of fluid motion in bulk and differential form, dimensional analysis, experimental design, pipe flow & pipe networks and introductions to turbulence, drag and boundary layers.
- Faculty of Engineering Award for Individual Teaching Excellence (2008).
Data Collection and Analysis (ENSC3012): Lecturer and Unit Coordinator
- An undergraduate unit on data analysis in the context of environmental engineering. Topics covered include time series analysis, spectral analysis and dealing with uncertainty. In 2009, a team-based learning approach was successfully adopted.
- Faculty of Engineering Awards for Individual Teaching Excellence (2010) and Team Teaching Excellence (2008).
Engineering Mechanics II – MIT (1.060): Lecturer and Unit Coordinator
- An introductory fluid mechanics unit at MIT for sophomores in Civil and Environmental Engineering. Topics covered include hydrostatics, the equations of fluid motion in bulk and differential form, dimensional analysis, pipe flow and open-channel flow, with introductions to turbulence, drag, boundary layers and waves.
Motion (ENSC2001): Co-coordinator
- A foundation unit for all Engineering Science students that combines the study of solid mechanics, fluid mechanics and electrical engineering under a ‘conservation’ framework. Enrolment in this unit was approximately 400. My role was to coordinate the unit, including tutor training, preparation of assessment items and running information sessions for the students.
Environmental Fluid Mechanics (ENVE3601): Lecturer and Unit Coordinator, 2011-12
- An intermediate environmental fluid mechanics unit for 3rd year Environmental Engineering students. Topics covered include the hydraulics of open-channel flows, an introduction to turbulent flow and mixing & dispersion in environmental systems.
Introduction to Engineering Mechanics (GENG1001): Lecturer, 2009
- An introductory mechanics unit for all 1st year engineering students. The lectures covered three techniques for deducing solutions to complex mechanics problems: dimensional reasoning, scaling, and the use of laboratory models.
Contaminant Fate and Transport (ENVE3606): Lecturer and Unit Coordinator, 2006
- A 3rd/4th year undergraduate unit that looks at the sources and sinks of environmental contaminants and the physical processes that transport them. Topics covered include conservation of mass and analytical solutions to the advection-diffusion-reaction equation.